The Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission is taking applications for a Manager of Food Services/Chef in our food services department. Candidates need to have experience cooking and prepping meals in large quantities. Non-profit food preparation experience is a plus. Candidates must be able to work in a Christian environment, be personable with a desire for ministry to broken and wounded lives, be observant, work well with both our homeless guests and our community volunteers, have good time management skills, be able to multitask, and direct and manage multiple individuals during service. The manager of food services is directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control, sanitation and cleanliness. While maintaining a level head with strong strategic leadership skills, you are responsible for maximizing the productivity of the kitchen staff, cooks, culinary assistants, apprentices, and dishwashers. The manager of food services/chef is primarily responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a kitchen, but duties often will extend well beyond the kitchen. Candidates will also work outside of the kitchen in developing new recipes, planning menus, hiring or training cooks, maintaining an inventory of food supplies, following a food budget, doing purchase orders, reporting to the Executive Director, and completing other administrative tasks.
The Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission exist to pursue the Passion of Jesus Christ to lift up the hungry, homeless, abused and addicted.
"Changing our cities one life at a time"
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Must possess a serve safe food manager certification.
2. Louisiana food safe certificate preferred.
3. Experience in quantity or commercial food preparation a plus
4. Must have knowledge and skill to meet all applicable standards for food preparation
5. Possess and exhibit high standards of personal cleanliness and hygiene (wear clean white apron and wear hairnet/caps -- supplied by employer,)
6. Knowledge of applicable sanitation
7. Must be able to work with other staff, supervisors and suppliers
8. Must be willing to work flexible hours according to needs of Food Service