SHREVEPORT BOSSIER RESCUE MISSION Shreveport LA 71101
Hunger & Homelessness
Sarah Ardis 318-227-2868 ext. 103 email@example.com
The Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission is in need of a Community Relations Manger. This position reports to the Director of Development. Candidates must have exceptional attention to detail, good written and verbal communication skills, technical/computer competence, including Internet, Microsoft Office and online database use. Candidates also must possess the ability to apply an ethical code and good judgment, and to handle confidential materials and situations with sensitivity and discretion. Individuals need to have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to meet and interact with community leaders. Some college preferred. Candidates must have a personal relationship with Christ and have a desire to serve the homeless. Candidates must exhibit a Christ-like attitude and must be able to serve as a witness as needed. Responsibilities included but are not limited to the following:
• Donor Relations – Assist in donor engagement, provide and prepare donor research and assist in regular major donor communication.
• Grants – Research and write for grants to fund Mission projects. Assist in preparing any follow-up or impact reports needed.
• Community Relations – Secure various community engagement events (i.e. restaurant fundraisers, church booths, speaking engagements, etc.). Assist in representing the Mission at various events in Shreveport-Bossier such as but not limited to after hours networking, speaking engagements, etc.
• Provide support as requested for special events/projects.
• Conduct tours and assist with volunteer orientation as needed.
• Perform other related duties, tasks or responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Development